Today’s giveaway is courtesy of Liz the Chef. I featured Liz’s delicious cranberry-walnut conserve on Monday. You can win three of her homemade chutneys plus a favorite cookbook from her collection. The giveaway includes Mes Confitures: The Jams and Jellies of Christine Ferber plus one jar each of mango chutney, Meyer lemon chutney, and tomato chutney from the kitchen of food blogger Liz the Chef. SWEEPSTAKES IS NOW CLOSED.
The cookbook is a French bestseller by master pastry chef Christine Ferber. It provides detailed instructions for canning and preserving all manner of fruits and vegetables, in combinations that sound divine. (If the book did not rely on granulated sugar I would keep it for myself!) It features gorgeous photographs between each section, and heavenly sounding combinations like Morello Cherry with Rose Petals, Carrot, Orange and Cardamom Jam, and White Peach with Rose de Chine Tea. It was translated into English by Virginia Phillips, and all recipes are in Imperial and metric measurements.
Here is this week’s question:
What is your favorite jam or jelly? Have you ever made jam yourself?
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
By leaving a comment below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only U.S. residents over the age of 18 are eligible to enter. (Sorry Canadians, I can’t ship jam over the border!)
- Duration: Friday November 9 through Thursday November 15, 2012 at 5 PM Pacific Standard Time. SWEEPSTAKES IS NOW CLOSED. Congrats to reader Jenny H!
- Leave a comment answering the question to enter: What is your favorite jam or jelly? Have you ever made jam yourself? You can receive up to 4 additional entries by doing the following and leaving one comment here for each additional item.
1) If you already follow Liz: Tweet about the sweepstakes. You can tweet up to 4 times on different days for 4 additional entries. (Leave a comment each time.)
- Cookbook is traditional French. All recipes contain granulated sugar, two have gluten (in the form of beer), all seem to be vegan except a few with honey in them.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by random number generator within one day of the sweepstakes closing. Winners have 48 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by random number generator. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by Liz the Chef and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: One hardcover copy of Mes Confitures plus three home-made chutneys from Liz the Chef, retail value of $45.00.
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Wednesday essays, and Friday giveaways (when available).
Here is the book if you want to check it out in more detail: