Last week, thanks to my friends at Melissa’s Produce, I was able to attend the IACP Book and Blog Festival and Culinary Expo in San Francisco. Not only did I get to see some friends (these conferences are a lot less intimidating now that I actually know some people!), but I got to try some new products.
I really liked these roasted chickpea snacks from The Good Bean. I could have camped out at their booth and eaten a ton of them; that is frowned upon. Turns out they were a hit at the Fancy Food Show in 2012 and have a great story behind them. The founder of the company, Sarah Wallace, is originally from India; these are a street snack from Bombay. Sarah’s no stranger to healthy snack products; she launched Luna Bars and has worked with Kashi, Bear Naked, Think Products, and Pop Chips.
She sources a specific type of chickpea from India, called desi—low in carbs and high in protein and fiber—roasts them, then lightly seasons them with high-quality spices. I can attest; they are delicious!
They are gluten-free, low in fat, high in protein and fiber, low-glycemic, and nut-free. Read more about dietary restrictions and their manufacturing process here. They are suitable for people with celiac disease, heart disease or high cholesterol, diabetes, and people on low-carb diets as well.
So that more of you can try the snacks (which presently have limited distribution in the U.S.), they are providing FIVE PRIZE PACKAGES of their entire snack line for you to try. SWEEPSTAKES IS NOW CLOSED.
Description of the prizes:
Five winners will receive the entire Good Bean snack line-up to try. That includes one package each of Roasted Chickpea Snacks in Sea Salt, Cracked Pepper, Smoky Chili and Lime, and Sweet Cinnamon and one each of their Fruit & No-Nut Bars in Apricot-Coconut, Fruit and Seeds Trail Mix, and Chocolate Berry.
This week’s question:
What about these snacks appeals to you?
REGULAR READERS PLEASE NOTE THAT ENTRY RULES HAVE CHANGED.
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
By leaving a comment below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only residents of the U.S. over the age of 18 are eligible to enter.
- Duration: Friday April 19 through Thursday April 25, 2013 at 5 PM Pacific Daylight Time.
- Leave a comment answering the question to enter: What about these snacks appeals to you? You can receive up to 4 additional entries by sharing the link on social media and leaving one comment for each share. 5 entries total per person, please. Extra entries will be deleted.
SWEEPSTAKES IS NOW CLOSED.
Tweet, Facebook, Pin, or Google+ the link to the sweepstakes. You can share up to 4 times—no more than two entries per day—for 4 additional entries. (Leave a comment with the link to each mention each time.)
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by random number generator within one day of the sweepstakes closing. Winners have 48 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by random number generator. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by The Good Bean and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: Five prize winners will receive 4 chickpea snacks and 4 fruit and no-nut bars, total retail value $89.60.
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Wednesday essays, and Friday giveaways (when available).