Win this tasty dessert kit from American Heritage Chocolate. American Heritage Chocolate was created using historical research to showcase how chocolate would have been enjoyed in 18th-century Colonial America. It’s sold at historic sites like Mount Vernon and Colonial Williamsburg. You can buy it online here. It includes anise, salt, red pepper, annatto, nutmeg, vanilla, orange, and cinnamon. I love how the strong spices combine with the chocolate to make a grown-up version of hot chocolate, which would probably be outstanding with a little rum in it, too. I used it to create this chocolate-bourbon-pecan pie recipe.
The kit includes a 5.13 oz American Heritage chocolate block, a 12.7 oz American Heritage chocolate drink mix in a muslin bag, a dark blue Emile Henry fluted-edge 9-inch ceramic pie dish, and a set of autumn-themed mini cookie or pie cutters (two leaves, an acorn, a pumpkin, an apple, and a turkey). SWEEPSTAKES IS NOW CLOSED. Congratulations to reader Laurie H.!
Here is this week’s question:
What is your favorite chocolate dessert?
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
By leaving a comment below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only U.S. residents over the age of 18 are eligible to enter. This one cannot ship to Canada, sorry.
- Duration: Friday November 16 through Wednesday November 21, 2012 at 5 PM Pacific Standard Time. SWEEPSTAKES IS NOW CLOSED.
- Leave a comment answering the question to enter: What is your favorite chocolate dessert?. You can receive up to 4 additional entries by doing the following and leaving one comment for each additional item.
1) Tweet about the sweepstakes. You can tweet up to 4 times on different days for a total of 4 additional entries. (Leave a comment each time.)
2) Follow The Historic Division of Mars on Facebook
3) Follow Chocolate History on Twitter
4) Subscribe to my newsletter on the right sidebar
- Chocolate is vegan and gluten-free.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by random number generator within one day of the sweepstakes closing. Winners have 48 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by random number generator. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by The Historic Division of Mars and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: 5.13 oz American Heritage chocolate block, 12.7 oz American Heritage chocolate drink, azure blue Emile Henry fluted-edge ceramic pie dish, and a set of autumn-themed mini pie cutters, retail value of $85.99.
Here is the pie dish if you want to check it out in more detail: