Yes, I saved the best for last! I’m soooo excited to be able to give away this cool selzer water maker plus a fantastic little recipe book to make your own healthy sodas. The book is Artisan Soda Workshop by Andrea Lynn, who supported my Cookies for Cody fundraiser this year.
We were sent the SodaStream Genesis unit. The whole reason I wanted one was for The Husband, who loves him some fizzy water. We go through way too many plastic bottles (they have a second life as dog toys and then get recycled) so I hoped he would like the unit and perhaps we could reduce our carbon footprint. The machine works great, and it doesn’t take up much counterspace, which is a plus in our tiny kitchen. You have to use special plastic bottles with it, which don’t hold a ton, so I know we will probably have to buy one or two more. The water is supposed to be super cold before you carbonate it, so it’s easy to forget to refill them and put them in the fridge. We liked the little bottles of fruit essence that add flavor without any sugar or artificial ingredients. You turn in the CO2 canisters to stores that sell the SodaStream and get refills there. We are keeping the machine, and I think it would be fun to have a soda party next summer.
The syrups would make great holiday or hostess gifts, as would this fun little book for anyone who does a lot of entertaining. While Andrea doesn’t suggest it, many of these would make terrific artisan cocktails with the addition of a little booze.
The giveaway includes a SodaStream Fountain Jet starter kit, and a copy of The Artisan Soda Workshop: 75 Homemade Recipes from Fountain Classics to Rhubarb Basil, Sea Salt Lime, Cold-Brew Coffee and Much Much More by food writer Andrea Lynn.
Here is this week’s question:
Why do you want to win the SodaStream?
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
By leaving a comment below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only U.S. residents over the age of 18 are eligible to enter.
- Duration: Friday December 14 through Thursday December 20, 2012 at 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
- Leave a comment answering the question to enter: Why do you want to win the SodaStream?. You can receive up to 4 additional entries by doing the following and leaving one comment for each additional item.
1) If you already follow me, help spread the word: Tweet, Facebook, or Google+ the link to the sweepstakes. You can share up to 4 times on different days for 4 additional entries. (Leave a comment with the link to each mention each time.) If you already follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or my e-news, please don’t leave comments stating that, okay? Thanks!
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by random number generator within one day of the sweepstakes closing. Winners have 48 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by random number generator. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by SodaStream, Ulysses Press, and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit in the winner’s choice of color (black/silver, red/silver or white), 1 carbonating bottle, reusable for up to 3 years, reusable carbonator to fizz up to 60L of soda, variety 6-pack of popular sample-size flavors, 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice, one copy of Artisan Soda Workshop. Retail value of $114.90.
Required FTC disclosure: The SodaStream and cookbook were sent to me by SodaStream and the author. I was not paid to write this post.
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Wednesday essays, and Friday giveaways (when available).
Here is the SodaStream if you want to check it out in more detail: