This week’s giveaway is thanks to the Idaho Potato Commission, who gave me a pass to attend the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit held in Anaheim, CA in late October. I learned a lot about potatoes and citrus, and was overwhelmed at the amount of produce, packaging options, sorting machines, and all the cool new produce-related products that were being exhibited. I’m giving away all the nifty swag, but first let me tell you about the show.
We had been forewarned… the show is ginormous. It’s really too big to see in one day, but that’s the time I had. My fellow bloggers laughed at me, but I had looked up all the companies I was interested in visiting and had a spreadsheet. I struck off on my own, heading to the far left of the floor to the new products area, and slowly wended my way across.
This week’s question is:
What is the most unusual fruit or vegetable you have ever eaten? Where were you when you had it?
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
By leaving a comment below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only U.S. residents over the age of 18 are eligible to enter.
- Duration: Friday November 30 through Thursday December 6, 2012 at 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
- Leave a comment answering the question to enter: What is the most unusual fruit or vegetable you have ever eaten? Where were you when you had it? You can receive up to 4 additional entries by doing the following and leaving one comment for each additional item. Five total entries per person, maximum.
1) If you already follow me: Tweet about the sweepstakes or share it on Facebook or Google +. You can tweet or share up to 4 times on different days for 4 additional entries. (Leave a comment each time.)
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by random number generator within one day of the sweepstakes closing. Winners have 48 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by random number generator. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by Idaho Potato Commission, California Avocado Commission, Sunkist, Sun World, River Ranch, El Molino de la Hacienda, and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: Hardcover copy of Potato Country, large stuffed Spuddy Buddy, aluminum water bottle, eyeglass cleaner, citrus juicer and lemon “fountain”, hand sanitizer and breath mints, neoprene laptop carrying bag, spicy chili mix. Retail value of $75.00.
Required FTC disclosure: The pass to attend Fresh Summit was given to me by The Idaho Potato Commission. I covered all other expenses. I was not paid to write this post.
Here is the book if you want to check it out in more detail: