Fresh, bright Meyer lemons blend with cilantro and curry powder to create this super-easy, super-fast dip or spread. Bonus, it’s raw, made with whole food ingredients that are full of anti-oxidants and healthy fats and fiber.
I love regular pesto, even without the parmesan. I’m always looking for ways to use up extra cilantro, as I never seem to find a recipe that uses up an entire bunch. I came up with this recipe when I was experimenting with adding curried raw garlic to cilantro and blending it. This recipe will take all your extra cilantro and create a tasty, unusual dip that’s full of bright flavor and a little zip. No measuring needed!
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, paleo, reduced-sugar diets
All of our recipes are gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, and made with plant-based ingredients to help you build a healthy life. We support Meatless Monday. Look for Tuesday reviews, Wednesday essays, Thursday how-to’s, and Friday giveaways (when available).
I like this curry powder:
- Curried cilantro-lemon pesto
- Curried cilantro lemon pesto blends up in five minutes, is super-satisfying, cleansing, and detoxifying.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8 servings||5 minutes||5 minutes|
- 1 bunch organic cilantro
- 1 Meyer lemon or other organic thin-skinned juicy lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 handfuls raw walnuts
- 1 spoonful curry powder no salt added
- Wash the cilantro and shake it dry. Trim off the ends, then cut the cilantro into the food processor bowl.
- Wash the lemon and cut into eighths, removing any seeds. Add to the food processor.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the flat blade of a chef's knife to make it easier to remove the papery husks.
- Add the garlic, walnuts, and curry powder to the food processor. Blend, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice. You may need to add some additional lemon juice or olive oil if the lemon is not very juicy or your ratio of drier ingredients is higher.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- 50 calories
- 5 g fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 51 mg sodium
- 18 mg potassium
- 2 g carbohydrate
- 1 g fiber
- 0 g sugars
- 1 g protein
- 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus