This truly easy dessert impresses dinner guests with your European-ish flair and is a perfect way to feature fresh figs. Roasted figs and grapes with walnuts and thyme.
Enjoy fresh and dried California Figs, delicious recipes, and entertainment: savor gourmet food samples, extraordinary wines and craft brew from more than 60 of California’s best chefs, food purveyors, wine makers, and breweries.
The festival will take place at the new San Diego Public Market.
Thanks to my friends at the California Fig Commission I have a lovely giveaway to kick off September as they’ve provided a special gift for one of my readers:
The sweepstakes package includes:
- 2 packages of California dried figs
- Canvas fig tote bag (roomy!)
- Fig recipe note cards
- Wineglass to enjoy with your figs
- And a bonus fig-related surprise!
Required FTC disclosure: The giveaway items were sent to me by the California Fig Advisory Board. I was not paid to write this post.
REGULAR READERS PLEASE NOTE THAT THE METHOD OF ENTRY HAS CHANGED.
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
By using the Rafflecopter widget below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only residents of the U.S. over the age of 18 are eligible to enter.
- Duration: Friday September 6 through Wednesday September 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time.
- Use the Rafflecopter widget to enter.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter within 48 hours of the sweepstakes closing and contacted by email. Winners have 24 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by the California Fig Advisory Board and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: Fig gift set, retail value $35.00.
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Tuesday reviews, Wednesday essays, Thursday how-to’s, and Flashback Fridays recipe posts plus monthly giveaways on the last Friday of the month. We support Meatless Monday. Check out our new Meatless Monday blog hop, and monthly Google Hangouts featuring Meatless Monday bloggers and authors.
a Rafflecopter giveaway