Thai red curry chicken noodle soup, fabulous flavor, loaded with toppings
The comfort of chicken noodle soup, the spice of Thailand. From the brand-new book Soup Swap: Comforting Recipes to Make and Share by Chef Kathy Gunst.
I’m so pleased to be participating in the #SoupSwapParty this month, because it meant I got a sneak peek at this fabulous book by Kathy Gunst, Resident Chef on NPR’s Here & Now. We’ll be giving away this book plus some wonderful other goodies on September 29th.
I reviewed the book here, and watch me make this soup on Facebook LIVE with Chef Kathy Gunst!
Here’s how to adapt this recipe for various dietary restrictions while still enjoying its fabulousness:
- Make it without noodles or use shredded green papaya or zoodles and use coconut aminos instead of the soy sauce (for a paleo version)
- Cook Thai rice noodles (for a gluten-free version) according to the package directions. Cook them separately and rinse well in cold water, drain, and then add to the soup.
- Use gluten-free soy sauce, tamari, or Bragg’s liquid aminos (for a gluten-free version)
- Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce (for a soy-free version)
- Use vegetable stock and skip the chicken and fish sauce (for a vegan/vegetarian version)
- Omit added salt, soy sauce, and fish sauce (for lower-sodium version). Thai red curry paste is plenty salty on its own.
paleo, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, celiac diets (with adaptations above)
Not recommended for:
low-sodium, migraine diets